Focus: Your heart. Your team. Your TCA.
Back to Physicians Page
Andrea Natale, M.D.
I am dedicated to my profession. I believe it is my mission in life. I give all of myself to make sure my patient’s heart does what it’s supposed to do.
Andrea Natale M.D., F.A.C.C., F.H.R.S., F.E.S.C., Executive Medical Director, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David’s Medical Center
Patients from around the world seek treatment from Dr. Natale. A world recognized leader in the field of electrophysiology, Dr. Natale is a dedicated clinician, academician and researcher.
Prior to the establishment of Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David’s Medical Center, Dr. Natale was a member of the Cardiovascular Medicine Department at the Cleveland Clinic from 1999 to 2007, serving most recently as Section Head for the Department of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology and as Medical Director for the Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Atrial Fibrillation. In 2006, Dr. Natale was named to the Food and Drug Administration’s Task Force on Atrial Fibrillation.
A committed academician, Dr. Natale’ s faculty positions at a variety of prestigious universities include Duke University and Stanford University. He has been an invited lecturer at more than 200 symposiums and conferences around the world, and is the author or co-author of hundreds of published articles on pacing and electrophysiology. In addition to serving on the editorial boards of numerous medical journals, he is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Atrial Fibrillation.
Dr. Natale’s greatest reward is restoring his patients to a life free of cardiac arrhythmia. He pioneered a circumferential ultrasound vein-ablation system to correct atrial fibrillation and performed the procedure on the world’s first five patients. He also developed some of the current catheter-based cures for atrial fibrillation, and was the first electrophysiologist in the nation to perform percutaneous epicardial radiofrequency ablation, which is a treatment for people who fail conventional ablation. He also holds a patent for a device used to treat Atrial Fibrillation.
A forefront researcher, Dr. Natale focuses on innovative advances in the treatment of atrial fibrillation. His goal is to benefit patient care through technologies such as robotic devices and specialized ablation catheters.
- M.D., Universita’ degli Studi di Firenze, School of Medicine and Surgery, Firenze, Italy
Universita’ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, School of Cardiology, Rome, Italy
- Fellowships in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology: University of Western Ontario, Department of Cardiology, London, Ontario, Canada
- University of Wisconsin, Sinai Samaritan Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
- Cleveland Clinic Bakken Heart-Brain Institute Research Award
- Cleveland Clinic Innovator of the Year for 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Cleveland Top Doc list,
- Northern Ohio Live Best Doctors
- Best Doctors in America, by peer election
- Best Doctors, Austin Monthly magazine
- Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute: The Bury + Partners Innovation Award 2009. Austin, Texas
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- American Medical Association
- Heart Rhythm Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Texas Medical Association