Focus: Your heart. Your team. Your TCA.
Back to Physicians Page
Jason D. Zagrodzky, M.D.
The heart is beautiful in its complexity, and I’ve devoted my entire career to the study and treatment of it. Successful treatment of heart arrhythmias gives people longer, richer lives. For me, there’s no greater reward than to hear a patient talk about going fishing with his son again after many months of illness.
Two things have driven Dr. Jason Zagrodzky’s medical career – a fascination with electrophysiology and the science of the heart, and the desire to give his patients their lives back.
Dr. Zagrodzky’s interest in the human heart began during his undergraduate years. Recording the heart’s electrical signals in a biomedical engineering lab sparked an intellectual curiosity that would propel him to become one of the most respected physicians in the field of electrophysiology.
After graduating first in his class at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Dr. Zagrodzky completed an internship and residency training in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He then returned to UT Southwestern to complete his fellowship training in cardiology and electrophysiology. A past president of Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Medical Society, Dr. Zagrodzky has also been a recipient of the prestigious Mayes-Smith Award in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Zagrodzky has devoted his entire career to studying and applying complex technology to the treatment of rhythm disorders of the heart, with the simple goal of getting people back to good health.
- M.D.,University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Residency (Internal Medicine),Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Fellowship (Cardiology and Electrophysiology), University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX
- Past President, Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Medical Society
- Mayes-Smith Award in Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Travis County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association