Focus: Your heart. Your team. Your TCA.
Back to Physicians Page
Larry D. Price, D.O.
What I like most about what I do is bringing good news to my patients. Many of our procedures have very high success rates and are often curative. There’s nothing greater than being able to tell a patient he or she can look forward to getting better.
Larry Price is known by family and friends as a compassionate and patient man. So it stands to reason that his patients know him as a highly compassionate and patient doctor.
A talented cardiac electrophysiologist, Dr. Price did not initially start out on that career path. After first pursuing a career as an interventional cardiologist and critical medicine specialist, he got “turned on to electricity” during his critical care fellowship at Mayo Clinic. He focused the remainder of his training, and his entire practice, on cardiac electrophysiology.
Dr. Price received his medical degree from the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, followed by postgraduate training at Osteopathic Medical Center of Texas, Texas A&M University Health Science Center/Scott & White and Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. At Scott & White, he was named Chief Resident in Internal Medicine. Dr. Price joined Scott & White’s senior staff in 1987, and served as Chief of the Section of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Director of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab, and Director of the Pacemaker Clinic for 18 years.
Dr. Price is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. He was appointed by former Governor George W. Bush in 1997, and re-appointed by Governor Rick Perry in 2003, to the Texas Medical Board. He continues to serve on the board, currently as Vice President.
A Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Dr. Price also is a member of the Travis County Medical Society, the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association and the Texas Medical Association.
- D.O., Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of North Texas Health Sciences Center, Fort Worth
- Internship, Fort Worth Osteopathic Medical Center, Osteopathic Medical Center of Texas, Fort Worth
- Residency (Internal Medicine), Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center College of Medicine, Temple
- Fellowship (Cardiology), Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center College of Medicine, Temple
- Fellowship (Critical Care Medicine), Mayo Clinic, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- President, Student Government Association, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- General Practitioner of the Year (1980), Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Cum Laude Graduate, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Chief Resident (1983-84), Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Texas A&M University College of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (Certificate of Special Competency-Cardiac Pacing)
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology/Heart Rhythm Society
- Mayo Alumni Association
- Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Alumni Association