Our PhysiciansYour Heart. Your Team. Your TCA.
Dr. Brian Greet
Dr. Greet is a Cardiac Electrophysiologist with Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia. A native of New Jersey, he completed his medical school at New York University School of Medicine in Manhattan. He remained there to complete his training in internal medicine and served as chief resident. He then continued his training at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston where he completed his fellowship in cardiovascular disease serving as chief cardiac fellow and sub-fellowship in cardiac electrophysiology.
He has a passion for treating those with complex arrhythmias. Dr. Greet has authored and co-authored articles in top leading journals and has been invited to present at national conferences such as the American Heart Association and Heart Rhythm Society. Additionally, in collaboration with Rice University and Texas A&M, he has led engineering teams resulting in the development of novel medical technologies where he holds multiple patents related to these endeavors. Dr. Greet’s priority, however, is to provide the safest, most compassionate and effective treatment for those with complex arrhythmias and associated syndromes.
Dr. Greet has a special interest in performing cardiac electrophysiologic studies and ablations without the use of potentially harmful x-rays.
Medical School – New York University
Residency – New York University
Fellowship – Texas Heart Institute
- Chief Resident – New York University
- Chief Cardiology Fellow
- Texas Heart Institute
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Matthews J, Post A, Burkland D, Greet B, Chaisson J, Heberton G, Saeed M, Rasekh A, Razavi M. Confirming pericardial access by using impedance measurements from a micropuncture needle. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2020 Jun;43(6):593-601. doi: 10.1111/pace.13927. Epub 2020 May 7.
- Hale Z, Greet B, Burkland D, Greenberg S, Razavi M, Rasekh A, Molina Razavi J, Saeed M. Slow‐pathway visualization by using voltage‐time relationship: A novel technique for identification and fluoroless ablation of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2020 Jun;31(6):1430-1435. doi: 10.1111/jce.14481. Epub 2020 Apr 15.
- Lyu H, John M, Burkland D, Greet B, Post A, Babakhani A, Razavi M. Synchronized Biventricular Heart Pacing in a Closed-chest Porcine Model based on Wirelessly Powered Leadless Pacemakers. Sci Rep. 2020 Feb 7;10(1):2067.
- McCauley MD, Vitale F, Yan JS, Young CC, Greet B, Orecchioni M, Perike S, Elgalad A, Coco JA, John M, Taylor DA, Sampaio LC, Delogu LG, Razavi M, Pasquali M. In Vivo Restoration of Myocardial Conduction With Carbon Nanotube Fibers. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2019 Aug;12(8):e007256.
- Lyu H, John M, Burkland D, Greet B, Xi Y, Sampaio L, Taylor D, Babakhani A, Razavi M. Leadless multisite pacing: A feasibility study using wireless power transfer using Langendorff rodent heart models. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2018 Sep 11. doi: 10.1111/jce.13738. PubMed PMID: 30203520.
- Greet B, Schurmann P, Deswal A. In AF and HF, catheter ablation vs medical therapy reduced mortality and hospitalization for worsening HF. Ann Intern Med. 2018 May 15;168(10):JC55. doi: 10.7326/ACPJC-2018-168-10-055. PubMed PMID: 29800431.
- Greet BD, Pujara D, Burkland D, Pollet M, Sudhakar D, Rojas F, Costello B, Postalian A, Hale Z, Jenny B, Lai C, Igbalode K, Wadhera D, Nair A, Ono M, Morgan J, Simpson L, Civitello A, Cheng J, Mathuria N. Incidence, Predictors, and Significance of Ventricular Arrhythmias in Patients With Continuous-Flow Left Ventricular Assist Devices: A 15-Year Institutional Experience. JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2018 Feb;4(2):257-264. doi: 10.1016/j.jacep.2017.11.001. Epub 2017 Dec 20. PubMed PMID: 29749947.
- Burkland DA, Ganapathy AV, John M, Greet BD, Saeed M, Rasekh A, Razavi M. Near-field impedance accurately distinguishes among pericardial, intracavitary, and anterior mediastinal position. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2017 Aug 22. PMID: 28833720.
- Safavi-Naeini P, Greet BD, Burkland DA, John MM, Ganapathy AV, Rasekh, A, Saeed, M, Molina-
Razavi, J, Razavi M. “From the Mercury Capillary Electrometer to the Wireless, Battery-Less
Pacemaker: State-of- the-Art Innovations in the Treatment of Arrhythmia. EP Lab Digest.” Volume 7 –Issue 8-Aug 2017.
- Roswell RO, Greet B, Shah S, Bernard S, Milin A, Lobach I, Guo Y, Radford MJ, Berger JS. Intravenous heparin dosing strategy in hospitalized patients with atrial dysrhythmias. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2016 Mar 7. PMID: 26951166
- Roswell RO, Greet B, Parikh P, Mignatti A, Freese J, Lobach I, Guo Y, Yeller N, Radford M, Bangalore S. From door-to-balloon time to contact-to-device time: predictors of achieving target times in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Clin Cardiol. 2014 Jul;37(7):389-94. PMID: 24700343
- Weitz D, Greet B, Bernstein S, Holmes D, Bernstein N, Aizer A, Chinitz L, Roswell R. The Benign Nature of Mild induced therapeutic hypothermia—Induced Long QTc, Int J Cardiol. 2013 Sep 30;168(2):1583-5. PMID: 23410493
- Greet B, Quinones A, Srichai M, Bangalore S, Roswell R. Anomalous Right Coronary Artery and Sudden Cardiac Death. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012 Dec;5(6):e111-2. PMID: 232505