Our PhysiciansYour Heart. Your Team. Your TCA.
Dr. David J Kessler, M.D.
Dr. David Kessler is originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology at Harvard College, he received his Medical Degree at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. His postgraduate training began with an Internal Medicine internship and residency at the University of Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, followed by a fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease and Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing. Dr. Kessler is board certified in the subspecialties of Cardiovascular disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
Awards And Special Recognition
- Selected for inclusion Super Doctors®2008, 2010, 2011-2012, 2014, Texas Monthly Magazine
Video credits to American Heart Association, Heart Ball 2015, Patient Highlight Video featuring Austin Heart Electrophysiologist, Dr. David Kessler
- North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- Heart Rhythm society, Fellow
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- American Heart Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Canby RC, Horton RP, Kessler DJ, Roman CA, Page RL. Use of transesophageal atrial pacing with adenosine infusion to evaluate ventricular pre-excitation. Am J Cardiol. 1995; 75: 548-50.
- Pirwitz MJ, Willard JE. Landau C, Lange RA, Glamann DB, Kessler DJ, Forester EH, Todd E, Hillis LD. Influence of cocaine, ethanol, or their combination on epicardial coronary arterial dimensions in humans. Arch Int Med. 1995; 155: 1186-1191.
- Parsons WJ, Williams RS, Shelton JM, Luo Y, Kessler DJ, Richardson JA. Developmental regulation of cytochrome oxidase subunit Via isoforms in cardiac and skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol. 1996; 270 (2 Pt 2): H567-74.
- Kessler DJ, Canby RC, Horton RP, Joglar JA, Jessen ME, Page RL. Effect of Biphasic ednocardial countershock on pacing thresholds in humans. Am J Cardiol. 1996; 77(7): 527-8.
- Canby RC, Roman CA, Kessler DJ, Horton RP, Page RL. Selective radiofrequency ablation of the “slow” atrioventricular nodal pathway for control of the ventricular response to atrial fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 1996; 77(15):1358-61.
- Horton RP, Canby RC, Kessler DJ, Joglar JA, Hume A, Jessen ME, Scott WP, Page RL. Ablation of ventricular tachycardia associated with tetrology of Fallot: demonstration of bidirectional block. J of Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1997; 8(4): 432-5.
- Kessler DJ, Priwitz MJ, Horton RP, Canby RC, Welch PJ, Joglar JA, Hamdan MH, Lange RA, Page RL. Intracardiac shunts resulting from transseptal catheterization for ablation of accessory pathways in otherwise normal hearts. Am J Cardiol. 1998;82:391-392.
- Joglar JA, Kessler DJ, Welch PW, Keffer JH, Jessen ME, Hamdan NH, Page RL. Effects of repeated defibrillations on cardiac troponin I levels. Am J Cardio. 1999;83:270-271.Abstracts:
- Parsons WJ, Shelton JM, Kessler DJ, Richardson JA. Reciprocal expression of cytochrome oxidase genes during murine myogenesis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993;2:374A.
- Roman CA, Canby RC, Horton RP, Kessler DJ, Page RL. Ablation technique for ventricular rate control in atrial fibrillation: A no drug, no pacemaker option. Circulation 1994;4:I-335.
- Roman CA, Horton RP, Canby RC, Kessler DJ, Page RL. Is slow atrioventricular nodal “network” rather than “pathway” a term of choice: Evidence from the catheter ablation experience. Circulation 1994;4:I-216.
- Pirwitz MJ, Horton RP, Canby RC, Kessler DJ, Lange RA, Page, RL. Intracardiac Shunting Caused by Left-Sided Accessory Pathway Ablation Using the Transseptal Approach. PACE 1995;4:819.
- Kessler DJ, Keffer JH, Joglar JA, Williams N, Canby RC, Jessen ME, Page RL. Evidence for myocardial injury associated with intra-operative endocardial ICD testing. Circulation 1996; 8:3294A.
- Kessler DJ, Canby RC, Page RL. Tachycardias in Conn’s Current Therapy, Rakel RE (ed) 1997. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA.
- Kessler DJ, Page RL. Arrhythmias in Cardiovascular Medicine for Students, Rutherford JR (ed) 1997. Blackwell Science, Cambridge, MA.
- Medical Education & Training
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: University of Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Fellowship: University of Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Certifications & Memberships
Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiac Electrophysiology